AusNet Services – Regulated Energy Services
AusNet own and operate the Victorian electricity transmission network, one of five electricity distribution networks, and one of three gas distribution networks in Victoria.
As well as the network businesses, AusNet Commercial Energy Services group provides a range of energy and infrastructure products and services to business, government, communities and households.
These services include metering, asset intelligence and telecommunication solutions, as well as advanced energy management solutions enabling community energy hubs and solar mini grids.
Victoria’s energy network businesses are recognised as national leaders in efficiency and innovation; and Victorian electricity network tariffs represent a smaller share of consumer energy bills that those in other states.
Our Advisors supported AusNet Services through a transition period as the Commercial Contracts Manager, leading a team managing the commercial aspects of capital works contracts and managing interfaces with the Delivery Partners, Procurement and Delivery Teams. In that role, our Advisors:
- Led the provision of commercial direction, advice and guidance to the Regulated Energy Services business, including effective contract negotiation and management;
- Led the development of commercial strategy to enable efficient commercial delivery of outsourced O&M and capital works programmes;
- Managed relationships with the Delivery Partners engaged to delivery capital works programs leading and supporting the team managing the contractual relationship between the parties;
- Led the team managing contract performance;
- Led the development of governance frameworks, ensuring good governance practices and compliance with contractual obligations; and
- Implemented and managed governance committees to ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
Our Advisors also provided specialist advice during review of existing delivery models, providing strategic advice, good practice insight and lessons learnt from experience, making recommendations to enhance future delivery models and identify options available to AusNet Services.
ConnellGriffin was further engaged to provide additional advisory services to the Planning, Performance & Operations team including:
- Development, implementation and training of a Commercial Management Framework for Major Projects, Delivery;
- Revision and implementation of a Contract Management Guide for its Electricity and Gas Services Contracts; and
- Review and finalisation of audit findings, report and implementation of actions across the business.
This included engagement and management of a number of internal and external stakeholders, including AusNet Services’ external auditor, Procurement team, Delivery team and Delivery Partner.